Franciscan Friars Leaving Assumption
The Franciscan Friars of Holy Name Province, who joined with us in building Assumption in 1926 and have shared our lives for 94 years, will be leaving us at the end of June, 2020.
Fr. Kevin Mullen, OFM, Provincial Minister, sent the following letter to Fr. Richard Mucowski, OFM, Pastor and the people to the parish to announce the decision of the friars to leave.
The first Assumption Church built in 1926.
Altar of the first church